Many people ask me what tips I can give regarding successful planning. I’ve thought about this long and hard, as it is so essential to me being a working mum! I’ve been able to come up with five tips I would like to share with you all,but if there is any tips you can impart on me then please comment below 🙂
- Use colour and decoration – using colours and stickers it makes things easier to identify on the page as well as makes my page pretty. When I know how pretty my week looks it makes me get it out more so I stay more on top of things this way.
- Learn from others – when I first started on this journey I watched and read as many ‘plan with me’ posts as I could! I got so much inspiration on decoration as well as the functional element of planning. Even now I use Instagram and Pinterest as well as blog posts and YouTube to see how people plan and find ways to make my diary better. For example, I know the diary insert I am currently using isn’t working for me. I have had a good look around and have finally found my insert for next year! I’ve also found a perfect way to track my days/moods which go with my new weekly layout and I can’t wait to use them! Watch this space for more detail later in the year 😉
- Set yourself a planner budget! This may sound silly, but if and when you get into planners you soon learn about all the other accessories to go with it. Plain planners truly are a thing of the past! And it’s not just buying stuff, you may want to make items and that obviously needs equipment. Having a budget is essential if you’re starting this path! I can guarantee you will break it on many occasions, but do try to stick to it.
- Finding ‘planner peace‘ is almost impossible! I have been in different sizes and styles and still haven’t quite found planner peace! But it’s not just about the size it’s also about the content. The only thing I have set my heart on and will not change is my new love for travellers notebooks. That has got me one step closer to planner peace. At the moment I am using an A6, and do like the size but have seen other sizes that I would like to try just to be sure… And with my inserts, well I keep changing my mind of what I want in my diary so that is constantly changing! I am however getting closer to finalising the inside of my personal everyday planner.
- If you find planner peace don‘t let it go! It is so hard to find this, and personally I believe this is only completely true with the inside of a planner, as changing the external element is likely to happen for varying reasons. Having said that the TN I’m in at the moment is heavenly! But as I have already hinted I can’t see me staying in this forever…..
So I hope this has given you an insight into planning. I would love to hear your thoughts too 🙂